What does the maid-of-honour do?
Previously we covered what the bridesmaids usually do before and during the wedding, this time we'll be looking at what the maid-of-honour does!
First of all, congratulations on getting the honourable (😉) title of maid-of-honour!
You must be wondering what are my additional duties on top of being the bridesmaid?
Let us break it down for you!
- Help search for vendors, wedding stationery or other necessary items needed for the wedding
- Lead the bridal party! You're seen as the head of the group and you should guide everyone else helping to arrange the dresses, hair and makeup and more.
- Of course, be there for the bride at all times. Wedding planning is definitely stressful and the bride would need you for feedback, support and help.
On the BIG day:
- Prepare an emergency kit for the bride! This is so important and we always strongly recommend every bride to have this kit ready to ensure any minor issues faced can be easily fixed.
- As the head of the bridal party you should ensure everyone is on time and ready for the next event. This is very important so that everything goes on as planned!
- Hold the bride's bouquet when needed
- Keep the bride calm and cool - One's wedding day can be a rollercoaster of emotions and sometimes they just need someone to calm them down 🌷
That said, we wish all brides and bridal party members all the best with their wedding planning.
If you feel that you as the bride or your bridesmaids could use a helping hand, feel free to reach out to us and we can see how we can help with your needs. Drop us a DM @anahanawed on IG or send us a message here!